A flexible utility knife for artists and technical professionals.
Darkwynter provides open-source tools for academic graphics applications.
The DarkWynter engine is designed for students, researchers, and industry
personnel interested in rapidly prototyping 3D applications. It has been
constructed in response to the community's need for a light-weight modular
system which can support a variety of research and educational requirements. We provide the flexibility and horsepower necessary to generate 3D applications
within the 3-5 months window students have in the semester.
Our MVC solution to XNA game development handles complex engineering tasks such
as controller configuration, physics, and shader rendering. Extending simple override systems to the user make it easy to prototype new
technologies quickly. The student or researcher is provided a flexible
architecture with default behaviors built-in. The specific area of research can
be overridden with minimal support development.
- Terrain modification, Gpu-physics
processing, and AI "true-vision" form the basis a next-gen prototyping architecture.
- Preconfigured Xml-based World-objects can be extended programmatically using class
and function overrides.
- Level editor includes post-shippable plugin support using .Net UserControl
- Integrated .Net CodeDOM compiler allows configurable static access to engine
for use in-game or to teach CS.
- MenuSystem includes override support for menu backgrounds, navigation options,
and sprite animation.
- Controller supports override configurable keys and reactions.
- Content packaging makes deployment via network simple.
- MVC package design makes component redesign simpler.
- Written in C# and HLSL, including the Xna Vector Math and Content Loading